For 27 years, the Land Rover Discovery has been a class leader in off-roading capabilities, supreme comfort and overall quality.
Now, the fifth-generation of the iconic 4x4 has been unveiled and brings together a strong yet lightweight structure with the seven-seat SUV layout that few can rival.
Seven key points have guided the Land Rover designers to create this latest version and these 'Seven Wonders of Discovery' help to make the 2017 Discovery as good a car as possible.
- The seven full-sized adult seats can be configured from your smartphone using the intelligent seat fold technology; a world-first.
- Safety technology is paramount in the new model, with semi-autonomous tech providing security, whilst the premium feel of the interior trim is both durable and spacious.
- The all-terrain nature of the Disco has led to a lighter aluminium construction, a cleaner, more efficient and more powerful set of diesel engines and a towing weight of 3,500kg, making the fifth generation model 'King of the hill'.
- As a quintessential British brand, British design was key, and with the retention of iconic Discovery design cues, refined yet chic surfaces and superb optimisation of the interior space help to keep the proud tradition of the model going.
- Storage is a principal feature for any Discovery model, and for this version that is no different. With up 2,406 litres of luggage space available, extra storage features help to make this version more practical than the last.
- With connectivity becoming more integral to the driving experience, the Digital Discovery ideal means it is equipped with nine USB ports, four 12-volt charging points and an in-car WiFi hotspot for up to eight devices.
- This model will continue the great humanitarian work of the previous editions, helping with aid and conservation projects around the world.
With all these great design features and plenty other options and accessories besides, the new Land Rover Discovery is sure to continue the great and reliable work of the previous models.
On sale from Spring 2017, the fifth generation Discovery has a starting price of £43,495, with more details on trim levels and options coming in the near-future. For more information on the new Discovery, contact your nearest Hunters Land Rover Centre.